The primary goals of the Capital Management Club are to:
- Help club members learn more about the challenges of investing in stocks by actively researching potential investment ideas and presenting their conclusions to the club.
- Facilitate networking opportunities with investment industry professionals through guest speakers, company visits, and other professional interactions.
- Help prepare members interested in obtaining internships and full-time jobs in the investment industry to interview more successfully for these opportunities through skill building and the promotion of the CMC to potential recruiters.
Secondary goals are to:
- Create opportunities for students to get more familiar with investment industry research services like Factset and Bloomberg.
- Serve as a connection point for students to industry job opportunities.
- Provide social opportunities for members to get to know one another.
The club has two primary categories of membership: Associate Member and Portfolio Analyst.
- Attend all club meetings and social events once dues are paid
- Are provided access to data services and club resources
- Have the opportunity to attend training sessions
- Will receive notification of relevant job opportunities
- All benefits of Associate membership
- Highest priority for participation in optional events
- Can use designation "Portfolio Analyst" on resume
- Can vote on stock pitches